Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Another Pan

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme created and hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. Yay Jill! This is my favorite meme :)


Another Pan by Daniel & Dina Nayeri

Release Date: October 26, 2010

In this pulse-quickening sequel to ANOTHER FAUST, an ancient Egyptian spell is turning the tony Marlowe School into a sinister underworld. Will all hell break loose?

Sixteen-year-old Wendy Darling and her insecure freshman brother, John, are hitting the books at the Marlowe School. But one tome consumes their attention: THE BOOK OF GATES, a coveted Egyptian artifact that their professor father believes has magical powers. Soon Wendy and John discover that the legend is real—when they recite from its pages and descend into a snaking realm beneath the Manhattan school. As the hallways darken, and dead moths cake the floor, a charismatic new R.A. named Peter reveals that their actions have unleashed a terrible consequence: the underworld and all its evil is now seeping into Marlowe. Daniel Nayeri and Dina Nayeri return to reimagine Peter Pan as a twisty, atmospheric, and fast-paced fantasy about the perils of immortality.


-Summary from Amazon.com This is an off-color book becuase the authors are Iranian but I think the characters in the novel are white. They were white in Another Faust which I liked. I'm looking forward to Another Pan becuase (unlike with Faust) it's a story I actually know. And I love the covers of both books :)

What books are you waiting on this week? Any PoC releases?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds cool. I have Another Faust which I haven't read yet, but this post is making me think I should get to it soon. Plus, I absolutely love Peter Pan - I've seen echoes of it in The Maze Runner which I adored, so seeing an all-out reimagining is pretty exciting. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)