I have an addiction to challenges. Hooray!
Middle East Reading Challenge.
Starts August 1, 2010
Ends July 31, 2011
I'm starting this challenge because I want to learn more about people from the Middle East. At my school there are very few Asians/Middle Eastern people so I know very little about that culture. I'm eager to learn more. The books need to be by an author from the Middle East or set in the Middle East. There are no levels so I decided to give myself 10 books as a starting list. They are all YA and none of the titles cross post from my other challenges (makes things so much more difficult doesn't it? haha). Feel free to leave me any YA/MG recommendations.
1. Where the Streets Had A Name by Randa Abdel Fattah
2. Sunrise Over Fallujah by Walter Dean Myers
3. A Bottle in the Gaza Sea by Valerie Zenatti (also known as Message in a Bottle in the UK/France)
4. In the Name of God by Paula Jolin
5. Habibi by Naomi Shihab Nye
6. Beast by Donna Jo Napoli
7. Alphabet of Dreams by Susan Fletcher
8. Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi (this is actually non fiction)
9. The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1) by Rick Riordan
10. Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji (turns out it's not YA, oh well)
11. A Stone in My Hand by Cathryn Clinton
Thank you to everyone who helped me via Twitter! I so appreciate it =)