Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Teenie

It's time for the weekly waiting on Wednesday meme! Hosted by Breaking the Spine

Teenie by Christopher Grant

Release Date: December 28, 2010

High school freshman Martine (Teenie for short) is a good student, with a bright future ahead of her. She's desperate to be accepted into a prestigious study abroad program in Spain so that she can see what life is like beyond the streets of Brooklyn. She wouldn't mind escaping from her strict (though lovable) parents for awhile either. But when the captain of the basketball team starts to pay attention to her after she's pined away for him for months and Cherise, her best friend, meets a guy online, Teenie's mind is on anything but her schoolwork. Teenie's longtime crush isn't what he seemed to be, nor is her best friend's online love. Can Teenie get her act together in time to save her friendship with Cherise, save her grade point average so that she can study in Spain, and save herself from a potentially dangerous relationship?

-I've had my eye on this book for quite some time, but my interview with Christopher Grant sealed the deal. The fact that it involves a West Indian family, humor and a trip to Spain makes it something I would really like to read.

What are you waiting on this week? Any PoC releases? (I need more!)

5 comments:

  1. I think the cover is great - loving it. I'll be waiting to see how much you like this book also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I chose Kirsten Hubbard's Like Mandarin this week (which is not PoC, but seems totally gorgeous with amazing prose). BUT. I also stumbled across Subway Girl by PJ Converse which is set in Hong Kong and deals with cultural issues (one protag can speak only Chinese, the other only English), and seems like a fantastic, quirky romance :)

    And Teenie looks fantastic. Spain, dangerous relationships, a YA protag actually worried about school = amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks fantastic! Thank you for sharing it. I think it will be a great addition to my library's collection. Especially since it's set in Brooklyn. Thank you again for putting this one out there. :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have soooooooo many books piled up to read! I just look forward to finishing Mockingjay (we decided its POC, right?) and Dragon Chica!
    I am looking forward to Teenie, too! Hmm... Subway Girl sounds kinda interesting, Vee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mardel-I love the black-and-white appeal of the cover. Totally looking forward to reading it and sharing my thoughts on it :)

    @Vee-I adore the cover of Like Mandarin. It's funny you mention Subway Girl because I just recently learned about it. It does sound quirky and it will be on my WoW list for sure. thank
    you for the rec!

    @Emily-No problem, I'm glad to here that you will be ordering it =D

    @Edi-Dragon Chica sounds awesome. I always forget about it because it's not listed as 'YA' but I'm totally going to read it anyway.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)