Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Probability of Miracles

The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Release Date: December 8, 2011

Dry, sarcastic, sixteen-year-old Cam Cooper has spent the last seven years in and out hospitals. The last thing she wants to do in the short life she has left is move 1,500 miles away to Promise, Maine - a place known for the miraculous events that occur there. But it's undeniable that strange things happen in Promise: everlasting sunsets; purple dandelions; flamingoes in the frigid Atlantic; an elusive boy named Asher; and finally, a mysterious envelope containing a list of things for Cam to do before she dies. As Cam checks each item off the list, she finally learns to believe - in love, in herself, and even in miracles.

This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine (sidenote: I recently learned what meme means but I forgot. But I remember thinking it made sense with the context I read it used in on blogs). I'm not really waiting on this book because I have too many books to read as it is. But I did want to spotlight it since the main character is half-Samoan. I can't even accurately pinpoint Samoa on a map so that fact alone intrigues me about the book. And while some say it's a stereotype to be sarcastic and very sick, I haven't read many of those books so I'm always on the watch for books with sarcastic main characters who refuse pity.

What are you waiting on this week? Starting next week I will no longer have any 2011 releases to feature unless people have some suggestions?