Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of the things around here. This meme is hosted by Breaking the Spine

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
by Yasutaka Tsutsui

Release Date: May 25, 2011

One of Tsutsui's best-known and most popular works in his native Japan, The Girl Who Leapt through Time is the story of fifteen-year-old schoolgirl Kazuko, who accidentally discovers that she can leap back and forth in time. In her quest to uncover the identity of the mysterious figure that she believes to be responsible for her paranormal abilities, she'll constantly have to push the boundaries of space and time, and challenge the notions of dream and reality.
-

I admit what first drew me to this novel was the gorgeous cover. It's a bit stereotypical but I can't look away! adfkjaldkfja. But how fascinating does this summary and title sound? One of the first science fiction YAs I've ever been excited for! And it will most likely be my first translated work.

Has anyone read it in the original Japanese? What May releases are you looking forward to this week?