As you read this post I am currently taking my last 2 finals. YES!!!!!
What better way to celebrate than by reading some relaxing, fun, chick lit by women authors of color? This challenge is being hosted by Lisa at Reads4Pleasure
Starts: Jan 1st 2011. Ends: December 31, 2011.
Junior year has been super stressful so I decided to go for the Queen of Chick lit title, which involves reading 12 or more books. That way, I can read one chick lit book a month which will help me forget about all the awfulness of ACT/SAT and other college stuff.
I'm trying to stick to YA because I'm depsertely hoping that there's more YA chick lit by and about poc than I had previously thought.
1. Who You Wit by Paula Chase Hyman
2. Belle by Beverly Jenkins
3. Drama High: The Fight by L. Divine
4. Work What You Get by Stephanie Perry Moore
5. Honey-Blonde Chica by Michele Serros
6. What I Meant by Marie Lamba
7. Who's Your Daddy? by Lynda Sandoval
8. Gamma Glamma by Kim Flores
9. Cuba 15 by Nancy Osa
10. Fresh Off the Boat by Melissa De La Cruz
11. Seeing Emily by Joyce Lee Wong
12. Nothing But the Truth (and a Few White Lies) by Justina Chen Headley
Backups (in case one of the authors turns out to not be an author of color or it's not really chicklit or maybe I just feel like reading one of the ones below instead).
13. Jason & Kyra by Dana Davidson
14. Mismatch by Lensey Namioka
15. Confetti Girl by Diana Lopez
I also decided to unoffically read 4 adult fiction chick lit books. These are books I've meaning me to read for what seems like FOREVER and this challenge pushes me to read them (or in some cases re-read and review).
1. Feminista by Erika Kennedy
2. The Dirty Girls Social Club by Alisa Valdes Rodriguez
3. Gotta Keep On Tryin' by Virgina Deberry & Donna Grant
4. In Full Bloom by Caroline Hwang
Got any recommendations for me?