Friday, January 14, 2011

2010 Historical Fiction Challenge (Wrap-Up)

Hosted by Alaine, Queen of Happy Endings.

This shouldn't have been a challenge for me since I love historical fiction but it was really hard to stick to my list (especially since not all of the books were at my library and I am always low on money).

I read all YA/MG about poc. I went for the Obsessed level which meant I need to read 20 books, but as you can see that did not happen (I ended up being around the Fascinated level). I want to try this challenge again but for now I'm going to focus on other challenges that will get me to read books I wouldn't normally read. Maybe next year I'll rejoin since I do love historical fiction. I am going to try and read the rest of these books this year though but we'll see how that goes!

1. The Firefly Letters: A Suffragette's Journey to Cuba by Margarita Engle

2. The Body at the Tower: The Agency #2 by Y. S. Lee

3. Copper Sun by Sharon Draper

4. The Astonishing Life of Octavian Nothing, Traitor the Nation (Volume 1, Pox Party) by M.T Anderson

5. Harlem Summer by Walter Dean Myers

6. This Strange New Feeling: Three Love Stories from Black History by Julius Lester

7. Useful Fools by C.M Schmidt

8. Anahita's Woven Riddle by Meghan Nuttal Sayres

9. Thin Wood Walls by David Patneaude

10. An Ocean Apart, A World Away by Lensey Namioka

11. Anila's Journey by Mary Finn

12. The Stone Goddess by Minfong Ho

13. In The Time of the Butterflies by Julia Alvarez

14. Sammy and Juliana in Hollywood by Benjamin Alire Saenz

15. Secrets in the House of Delgado by Gloria Miklowitz

16. Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji

17. All the Broken Pieces by Ann E. Burg

18. The Rock and the River by Kekla Magoon

19. Red Palms by Carla Haycak

20. Samurai Shortstop by Alan Gratz

Did you participate in this challenge? If so, what was your favorite book from it? I loved The Agency series.

1 comment:

  1. I loved The Agency series too. I can't wait for the third book. My favorite historical fiction books I read for this challenge were actually books for adults: Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran and Someone Knows My Name by Lawrence Hill. I think it's great that you were going for all POC novels for this challenge. I was able to meet my goal of 20 books but only a few were POC novels.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)