Saturday, September 4, 2010

Story of My (Your) Life

I've done a meme like this before but that was last year. I'm going to do one of these every year. It's a fun way to keep track of some of my favorite books/books I really liked from each year :)

I first saw this at BookGazing Feel free to join in the fun! All you have to do is copy the questions and your answers must be books you read this year. Here goes

In school I was: Losing My Cool (still am. I have a father's love. Now I just need a library that will hold 15,000 books. heehee)

People might be surprised I'm: Becoming Billie Holiday (ha! If I could sing. And if I had her looks. But not her family background)

I will never be: 8th Grade Superzero (I was actually a bit popular in 8th grade. Which means oh so much considering how I don't even see those kids anymore. *snickers*)

At the end of a long day I need: His Own Where (should be Her Own Where. I need my privacy)

I hate it when: We Were Here (because it means we are no longer there. And what if the place holds happy memories? If it does, I want to always be there. Plus this book made me cry. I'm tearing up just thinking about it. I hate when books make my cry.)

Wish I had: Good Fortune (I mostly do, when it comes to family and friends but I would love some more money)

My family reunions are: Borderline (NOT. We don't have family reunions. But if we did they would be borderline against the law because we are all crazy)

At a party you'd find me with: The Rock & The River (not sure which I prefer. In the book I would have to say Stick. Especially since Sam is taken ;) No really I like Stick better. But he would make me cry so....But in real life it would probably be The River).

I've never been to: Moonshine (ok so I mean the Moon but this works)

A happy day includes: 32 Candles (Well really a happy day includes this book. I don't actually want to be 32. I'm quite happy being a teenager. So maybe 19 candles?

Motto I live by: Secret Keeper (I'm an excellent listener and I will not share what you tell me in confidence with other people. Also, this book is my motto. Asha is one of my favorite heroines)

On my bucket list: One Crazy Summer (this past summer came pretty close. But I want one that is truly, crazy. Epic. Fun)

In my next life I want to be: Bamboo People (resilient! I like to think that I am, but probably not)

Your turn. Its surprisingly difficult. I'm sure I left out some books that I have praised countless times, but some didn't fit in the context (like Devil's Kiss) and there was just too many books to choose from. Commentary is optional.

9 comments:

  1. What fun! I love tidbits like this. I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks for sharing :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL that was funnn! I think I'd like to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun meme! I may end up doing this on my own blog. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was very creative and informative. My brain isn't working at full capacity to even try this (memory isn't so great with book names anymore) I had fun reading your meme though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @The Book Owl-Let me know if you end up doing this meme!

    @Girl on a Mission-It was fun to do but hard to think of titles that fit! Go for it :)

    @Heather H-I'll look out for it =)

    @Mardel-My memory isn't the greatest either but since it's books I've read in 2010 it wasn't that hard. Plus having a blog and a Goodreads account helps =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really fun to read, and yours has a kind of wistful vibe I think. I kind of want to do it but I think it might be a little too brain-bendy for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally going to do this on my blog. Super fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did it! Here's mine http://onlysexybooksallowed.blogspot.com/2010/09/bookish-mad-libs-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did one too. It's here: http://iwasateenagebookgeek.blogspot.com/2010/09/life-story-meme.html

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)