I have 10 New Year's Resolutions for 2010 :)
1. Not let blogging affect my grades
2. Clean up my blog (fix whatever needs fixing, I'm open to suggestions)
3. Visit and comment on other blogs more
4. Host more giveaways
5. Have more guest posts by other bloggers and authors
6. Have more author interviews
7. Have more informative posts relating to books about poc
8. Read more books and post more reviews!
9. Respond to comments more often
10. Read books sent to me for review within a month (I was so awful at this and I sincerely apologize and I will do better!)
My Favorite Novels of 2009: See my 2009 Holiday Gift Guide.
Since I just started blogging in July I didn't get to read as many 2009 releases as I would have liked. In addition to books featured on my Gift Guide here are a few others that deserve a notable mention
1. Flygirl by Sherri L. Smith. Read my review
2. Mare's War by Tanita Davis Read my review
3. So Punk Rock by Micol Ostow. My review
4. Skunk Girl by Sheba Karim. Read my review
5. Muchacho by LouAnne Johnson. Read my review
6. North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley. I read it before this blog so I couldn't review it but I loved this novel. Wow. Highly recommended :) I need to re-read it and review!
My December religion themed reviews was a bit of a failure :( But I thoroughly enjoyed the books I did review
Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah-Muslim
Skunk Girl by Sheba Karim-Muslim
So Punk Rock (And Other Ways To Disappoint Your Mother) by Micol Ostow-Jewish
I Wanna Be Your Shoebox by Cristina Garcia-Jewish
Emily Goldberg Learns to Salsa by Micol Ostow-Jewish
Throughout January expect things to be a little quieter. I have finals in two weeks so I'm not allowing myself to go to the library or a bookstore in an effort to really study for finals AND read/review all the books in my tbr pile (or as many as I can).
I also want to read at least one book for every challenge in January.
Don't forget to enter my giveaway for your chance to win A Flight To Freedom by Ana Veciana Suarez, The Ring by Bobbie Pyron and The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
I wish everyone a great 2010 filled with lots of love, happiness, fun, laughter, books and anything else you wish!