Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Follow the Links!

So I have homework to do and I'm watching the World Series (Yay Yankees!), so this is going to be a short post. It's featuring some really cool links that I've found today.

1. Seg-Book-Gation. This post is spot-on. Please support the author, Bernice McFadden. African Americans are just as capable of writing books that appeal to all audiences as white authors who write books that appeal to all audiences. Also, we African Americans read (and want) more than just books about the street lifestyle (although I'm sure there are some good books out there about this theme).

2. Mean Girls in YA Lit. A What a Girl Wants. This series is amazing, if you haven't read it start!

3. The Gay Fantasy Bookshelf. I love this blog and I want to read many books on this list.

4. For all those participating in NaNoWriMo. Some helpful tips to keep in mind.

5. The Best Teen Books of 2009. There is some color on this list. Marcelo in the Real World was amazing (definitely one of my top ten favorite books and life-changing!) and I really liked Claudette Colvin's story. I need to read all these books featured.

Follow these links and tell me what you think. Oh and Yankees or Phillies ;)

2 comments:

  1. Hehe seems we like all the same stuff, although I hadn't seen the best books of 2009 yet. I'm still not sure I'll ever be able to read Going Bovine, mad cow disease freaks me out, it's got some pretty strong mental pictures associated with it in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the Gay Fantasy Bookshelf post, I'll be hoping to read many books in that list too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)