Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday: Perfect Shot


Thanks to Jill at Breaking the Spine for this meme!
This week I'm waiting on.....
Perfect Shot by Debbie Rigaud
Release Date: Dec. 1, 2009
London Abrams likes to spike volleyballs, not wear spike heels. But in one crush-tasic moment, she signs up for a modeling contest to get the attention of its cute photography intern. Never in a million years did London expect to get selected as a finalist. Before she knows it, she’s in an online reality show competition against 14 super chic chicks–including her childhood frenemy.
As the lone (read: token) sporty girl, London feels way out of her league and wants to quit. But when the cutie photo intern is assigned to shadow her, she decides to stick it out. Too bad his lens reports everything it sees to a scrutinizing online audience and to her backbiting frenemy. Suddenly, London’s not so sure she’s ready for this type of close-up.
I'm not big on romance books, but I've only read one (Twilight which annoyed me to no end) so I figure I should try another one. Especially since this one is in the Simon Romantic Comedy series so hopefully it will be funny. Also, I read the book Hallway Diaries (which is a collection of three short fictional stories about African American girls in high school) and Debbie Rigaud wrote my favorite story in it (Double Act). I intend on reviewing Hallway Diaries one day (not sure when since I'm going to re-read it).