Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Vanished

Vanished by Sheela Chari

Release Date: August 9, 2011

Eleven-year-old Neela dreams of being a famous musician, performing for admiring crowds on her traditional Indian stringed instrument. Her particular instrument used to be her grandmother’s—made of warm, rich wood, and intricately carved with a mysterious-looking dragon. When this special family heirloom vanishes from a local church, Neela is devastated. As she searches for it, strange clues surface: a teakettle ornamented with a familiar-looking dragon, a threatening note, a connection to a famous dead musician, and even a legendary curse. The clues point all the way to India, where it seems that Neela's intrument has a long history of vanishing and reappearing. If she is able to track it down, will she be able to stop it from disappearing again?

-This meme was created and is hosted by Breaking the Spine. YES a MYSTERY with some color in it =D I really like watching mystery/legal/detective shows on TV so I think I'm really going to enjoy this debut. I was surprised by how charmed I am by the cover. It puzzles me (in a good way), I want to know where Neela is and who she's with? And how does an instrument have a history of disappearing and reappearing? Color me intrigued.

What are you waiting on this week? Share! (please)