Saturday, November 6, 2010

2010 Read in Color Holiday Book Exchange!

As usual, the holidays seem to be fast approaching (hooray for school holiday breaks!) and I didn't quite notice until I saw all the holiday book swaps popping up (I've signed up for two so far and I need to stop, haha). Anyway, it's time to announce the



READ IN COLOR Holiday Book Exchange!



I wish I had a button :( I can't offer any money if you make me a button, but I would be so appreciative (and I may throw in a book....)


The Who: International entries welcomed :)


The What: A swap open to anyone, no need to be a book blogger. The idea is to try and send the books out before Christmas, that way even if you don't celebrate Christmas, your books will arrive close to a winter holiday date. I encourage everyone to get creative. Along with a book (I recommend sending two books if you can, but I 100% understand if you can't), perhaps send along a holiday card or some bookmarks. Have fun with it =) You can choose to remain anonymous until the person who received the book creates a post (and you must create a post once you receive your book, or at least mention it in some kind of New Crayons/In my Mailbox, etc.) and then comment with your name or you can include your name.


The When: Sign up by November 20th. Mail the book(s) out by December 11th.


The Why: It's important to keep the holidays colorful, I want to see more books by authors of color being bought as gifts.


The How: Fill out THIS FORM

Keep a close eye on the blog because I will start posting suggestion lists along with my favorite books 0f 2010 (although my favorites list won't publish until January 1st).

10 comments:

  1. Hmmm...what kind of button would you like m'dear? If it is something like my own I can manage, no problem!
    My button

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've scheduled this to go up on 15th about this swap. So many swaps this year, I've signed up to quite a few, but really looking forward to swapping for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anachronist-I will email you!

    @Tarie-Hooray!!

    @Jodie-fantastic, thanks for letting me know :)

    And thank you to everyone who has signed up so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check your spam box, it was from dogandbone and might be qualified as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sent you a second e-mail from other address, I hope you will get that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you don't I also posted my e-mail address on my blog. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just to prove that yes I want to and yes I can : a button

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful exchange! I have so many books to ask for. :) I signed up, and added a link to this exchange on my sidebar of holiday swaps. I also tweeted it out. I hope you get tons of participation!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)