Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-Sized Trophy

Waiting on Wednesday is a meme credited to Breaking the Spine. In this meme we share what upcoming book releases we are eagerly anticipating.


How Lamar's Bad Prank Won a Bubba-Sized Trophy by Crystal Allen

Release Date: February 22, 2011

Thirteen-year-old Lamar Washington is the maddest, baddest most spectacular bowler ever at Striker's Bowling Paradise. But when it comes to girls, he doesn't have game—not like his older brother Xavier the Basketball Savior. And certainly not like his best friend "Spanish fly guy" Sergio. So Lamar vows to spend the summer changing his image from dud to stud by finding a way to make money and snag a super fine Honey! When a crafty teenage thug invites Lamar to use his bowling skills to hustle, he seizes the opportunity. As his judgment blurs, Lamar makes an irreversible error, damaging every relationship in his life. Now, he must figure out how to mend those broken ties, no matter what it will cost him.

-This just sounds like a hilarious MG novel. And I definitely want to see more humorous books for kids and teens about poc. I love that Lamar is going to use his bowling skills "to hustle", lol.

Summary from author's website

Tell me, what new book are you waiting on this week? I want to know!

4 comments:

  1. I would like to grab Hope in Patience but your choice is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree more humorous, light-hearted books featuring poc kids would be awesome. And this one looks fantastic, but I'd never heard of it before. Thanks for posting about it!

    I'm waiting for Fixing Delilah and Fall for Anything this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a lot that bothers me about what doesn't exist for MG and YA readers of color but the lack of MG books with humor, creative spirits, weird pranks and gross bodily functions is top on my list! I'm really glad to see this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @anachronist-O Hope in Patience sounds very very sad. But with a few uplifting moments too.

    @Vee-Ahh this is why I love WoW so we can learn about awesome-sounding books that we've never heard of :) Both of those books sound good. I really liked Twenty Boy Summer so I may read Fixing Delilah too.

    @campbele-There's a lot that bothers me too. I hope to do a series of posts about it (started with historical fiction next is romance/chick lit). I could do without the gross bodily functions but I know some kids get a real kick out of it! But yes please more humor in our books.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!! Thank you for sharing :) And don't be Anon, I try to always reply back and I like to know who I'm replying to ;)