(In an effort to clean up my sidebar, I am moving all the information about my challenges from the sidebar to a page)
The Challenge That Dare Not Speak Its Name runs from Jan. 1, 2010-
Dec. 31, 2010
I'm reading all poc GLBT YA books. I'm going to aim for the highest level which is the Rainbow Level (12 books). This list could change depending on availability of the books (it's incredibly hard to find books about teens of color who are GLBT). Books I have completed will be linked to their reviews.
1. The Necessary Hunger by Nina Revyor
2. So Hard To Say by Alex Sanchez
3. Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger
4. Love & Lies: Marisol's Story by Ellen Wittlinger
5. M+0 4EVR by Tonya Hegamin
6. Last Night I Sang To the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz
7. The Vast Fields of Ordinary by Nick Burd
8. Punkzilla by Adam Rupp
9. The House You Pass On the Way by Jacqueline Woodson
10. Orphea Proud by Sharon Dennis Wyeth
11. Love is the Higher Law by David Levithan
12. A Map of Home by Randa Jarr
13. Dramarama by E. Lockhart (off color)
1. Into the Beautiful North by Luis Alberto Urrea
2. Babyji by Abha Dawesar
3. What Night Brings by Carla Trujillo
4. My Invented Life by Lauren Bjorkman (Is this book about a person of color?)
Wish me luck!
*I am out of town from July 24-August 1, 2010. I will have no Internet access but I look forward to reading and replying to all comments and emails upon my return.