This week, I was honored to have a fantastic blogger visit.
A blogger spotlight with Maggie from Bibiliophilia-Maggie's Bookshelf
Maggie's amazing guest post on white guilt and white privilege
From the Publisher (Henry Holt & Co.)
Toads & Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
Diribani has come to the village well to get water for her family's scant meal of curry and rice. She never expected to meet a goddess there. Yet she is granted a remarkable gift: Flowers and precious jewels drop from her lips whenever she speaks.
It seems only right to Tana that the goddess judged her kind, lovely stepsister worthy of such riches. And when she encounters the goddess, she is not surprised to find herself speaking snakes and toads as a reward.
Blessings and curses are never so clear as they might seem, however. Diribani’s newfound wealth brings her a prince—and an attempt on her life. Tana is chased out of the village because the province's governor fears snakes, yet thousands are dying of a plague spread by rats. As the sisters' fates hang in the balance, each struggles to understand her gift. Will it bring her wisdom, good fortune, love . . . or death?
-I WoWd this a little while ago so I'm really happy to get it. Have I mentioned how much I love the cover? It's so pretty! I love the henna on the hands and the gorgeous flower.
Summary from Amazon.com
This is so belated. I apologize if I don't mention your award. You can remind me and I can update this post. I went as far back as I remembered. I really have to stop letting awards pile up. I apologize to everyone whose given me an award!
A Prolific Blogger is someone who is constantly reading and blogging and being engaged in the community. They write some very thoughtful and interesting posts and they are leaving comments and visiting new blogs as often as they can.
I received this award from Katy at A Few More Pages. Thanks so much Katy, it means a lot!
1. Every winner of the Prolific Blogger Award has to pass on this award to at least seven other deserving prolific bloggers. Spread some love!
2. Each Prolific Blogger must link to the blog from which he/she has received the award.
3. Every Prolific Blogger must link back to This Post, which explains the origins and motivation for the award. You must also add your name to the Mr. Linky so that we can all get to know the other winners.
I'm passing this on to...
1. Ah Yuan at Gal Novelty
2. Nathalie at Multiculturalism Rocks!
3. April at Good Books & Good Wine
4. Maggie at Bibliophilia-Maggie's Bookshelf
5. Jill at O.W.L.
6. Heather at the Secret Adventures of Writer Girl
7. Karen at KazMahoney
Beautiful Blogger Award. I received this from Maggie. Thanks so much!The Rules
1. Thank and link the blogger who sent you this award
2. State 7 things about yourself
3. Pass this on to 15 other bloggers (15?!) who you think rock.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know about the award
I'm passing this on to
1. Jenny at Jenny's Books
2. Niranjana at Brown Paper
3. Jodie at BookGazing
4. Vasilly at 1330v
5. Rachel at BookLove: Teen
6. Pam at Bookalicious
7. Charlotte at Charlotte's Library
8. Jan at Eating Y.A. Books
9. Akilah at the Englishist
10. Abby at Abby(the) Libriarian
11. Lauren at I Was a Teenage Book Geek
12. Kris at Voracious YAppetite
13. Monica at The Bibliophilic Book Blog
14. Taschima at Bloody Bookaholic
15. Lizzy at Bookmarked
Seven Things about Me-My Most random list yet!
1. I'm really forgetful (hence belated award posts!)
2. I think Michelle Bachmann is an idiot.
3. I love writing with Sharpies
4. I can't pronounce words to save my life; hypocrite, ignorant, chemise. I know what they mean, but I don't say them right.
5. I'm a procrastinator (I should be typing an extra credit essay right now)
6. I hate how politics doesn't seem to be about helping people anymore. It's all partisan and ridiculous. They all need to straighten up and work together. Please and thank you
7. I love spring when I'm not in school.
Maggie also gave me the Happy 101 award. Thank you! I've gotten it already and I just don't feel like passing it on. Anyone who wants, take it :)
I'm still searching for other awards I've gotten that I forgot to post, so this post will be edited. The good thing about searching older posts is I'm reading and replying to comments I may have missed.
Or maybe not. Coming up with blogs and trying not to pass on awards to bloggers who've already received them is hard work. And I'm lazy. Ah well