I've signed up for the 10 in '10 Teen Chick Lit Challenge hosted by blogger Jessica and author Kay Cassidy. I need to pick 10 chick lit books to read.
Read here for more information on the challenge!
I thought this challenge sounded like a lot of fun and I think some lighter, entertaining reads will be good to have in between other books or right after a depressing or awful book.
Here's my list. As usual it's all YA, all about people of color :) I'm going for 12 books but I'm listing many books to give me some options and to remind me that they need to be read and reviewed. I also added three off color chick lit books that I really want to read.
1. Who You Wit by Paula Chase
2. Honey Blonde Chica by Michelle Serros
3. Hotlanta by Denee Milner & Mitzi Miller
4. It Chicks: Sixteen Candles by Tia Williams
5. Drama High: The Fight by L. Divine
6. Haters by Alisa Valdes-Rodriguez
7. How to Salsa in a Sari by Dona Sarkar
8. Hallway Diaries by Felicia Pride, Debbie Rigaud and Karen Valentin
9. Girl vs. Boy by Yvonne Collins and Sally Rideout
10. Bad Kitty by Michele Jaffe
11. Amor and Summer Secrets by Diana Rodriguez Wallach
12. Jason & Kyra by Dana Davidson
13. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy (off-color I believe)
14. Samurai Girl by Carrie Asai (is this chick lit?)
15. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young (off-color)
16. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (off-color?)
17. Adios to My Old Life by Caridad Ferrar
18. The Kids at Latimar High by Deborah Copeland
I've read a few books on this list but it's been a really long time since I read them and I know I enjoyed most of them (a few I can't remember), others are sitting in my tbr pile patiently waiting to be noticed. Let me know if you have any recommendations or think a book on my list does not qualify as chick lit!