So I started reading last night at 11 pm and will continue on till tonight at 11 pm. Sadly I fell asleep for about three hours (from four to seven) =/. At least there was a book in my hand and on my lap! The little nap, while unintentional, energized me and I'm ready to keep trying.
Here's my reading list for the day:
1. One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia (completed within the first hour since I was so close to the end when the read-a-thon started). My first time reading a book by Rita Williams Garcia, definitely not the last. There are too few books about the Black Panthers. Wonderful!
2. Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah-completed. Hysterical and poignant!
3. Now and Zen by Linda Gerber
4. Sacajawea by Joseph Bruchac
5. The Ring by Bobbie Pyron (off-color)
6. Chameleon by Charles R. Smith
7. Good Enough by Paula Yoo
8. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
9. Ash by Malinda Lo
10. Jumped by Rita Williams-Garcia
11. Blessing's Bead by Debby Dahl Edwardson
12. The God Box by Alex Sanchez
I'll add more books to the list as needed. By the way does anyone know if Magic-Misery by Peter Marino is about poc? I got it from the library, but I think the main protagonist is Italian.