Onto the winners (courtesy of random.org).....
Congrats guys! You have 48 hours to respond to my email with your book choices and mailing address.
The next giveaway is going to have lots of winners and be in honor of Hispanic Heritage Month! It will be announced tomorrow, so be sure to check back and enter :)
By the way I received an email from author Jo Ann Hernandez telling me about a writing contest about poc. I'm re-posting the email here.
Introducing the 1st Annual
SHORT STORY COMPETITION
In our ongoing effort to promote positive images that reflect people of African descent, the website that connects that African Diaspora is pleased to announce our first annual Short Story contest.
We're looking for fiction that is unique, stories with characters we'll remember, plots that leave us thinking. The contest is open to anyone, any race, any country, any continent. The only caveat? The main character must be of African descent. For more info go here
- The contest runs from October 1 – December 31, 2009, winner announced February 1, 2010
- Entries must be 1500 words or less
- The entry fee is $10 (via paypal or money order payable to DreamDeep LLC.) Address:
9360 W. Flamingo Rd.
Las Vegas, NV 89147
- Main character must be of African descent
- Story must be previously unpublished
- Submit entries to email@example.com, with the words “Short Story Contest: (input name of your short story)” in the subject line. Ex. Short Story Contest: My Story. Copy & Paste into the body of the email. No attachments.
- Be sure to include your contact information and word count with submissions
- here will be one overall winner and one winner from each of the following genres: Literary, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Mystery, Romance (we prefer stories without gratuitous sex or violence)
- First Place: $500 Genre Winners: $25 Borders Gift Card
- Each winner will have their story and a feature article published on myafricandiaspora.com
- The winners and top three entries in each genre will have their short stories published in a short story collection at the end of the year